Monday, July 14, 2008

What a Weekend!

All my belongings now fit in four or five suitcases (the exact number is yet to be determined) and six plastic totes. That's right - I'm free of belongings. This weekend was my big garage sale, and it was a great success. I sold all my big items, lots of little things, and made a bit of money to buy a few things in Kenya. Friends came to join the "fun" and helped hull all the left-overs to the local thrift store. Amber and John even found time for a little lego soccer match. Thank you friends for all the help and support! You made the work fun.

On Sunday we had an Alaska halibut fish fry. This was my final good-bye to several friends and a little emotional. I'm doing well with my emotional moments, aside from a couple times with the Macy women. :) I was so blessed by everyone who came. For those of you who couldn't make it, you were definitely missed. Here's a little snapshot of the day...



I have been extremely blessed by the support from family and friends. These past months I have been overwhelmed by God's blessing of community. You can never be replaced no matter where I live. I love you all, and thank you for lovin' me back!

2 comments:

  1. That was some seriously amazing fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we sure wish we could have been there...and not just for the halibut!

    ReplyDelete