Monday, July 21, 2008

3... 2... 1... BLASTOFF!

I leave for the airport in four and a half hours. I still have a few things to do, so I don't know if sleep is an option until I get on the plane. Probably not a good way to start this trip, but I'll definitely sleep on the plane! Everyone keeps asking me how I feel... nervous? scared? Those are everyone's first thoughts, but it's not at all how I feel. I feel really, really excited and a bit sad to say good-bye to awesome friends and family. Excited and sad. But I must admit more excited than sad. If you ask me in the morning as I'm saying good-bye to Pete and Linsey when they drop me off at the airport, I'll probably say more sad. Then again, I may be too tired to say anything.

I know this is exactly what I should be doing. I know I'm going where I've been called. I know it will be hard at times, but I also know it will be very fulfilling because it's the right thing. And I'm so thankful that God wants to use me for such an adventure. I feel very blessed in more ways than I can count (especially at this late hour).

So good-bye. I love you all! I'll write you from Kenya!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kimberly,
    I am up late and happened to think of you, so I came to your blog. How exciting to see that you are getting ready to leave as I type this message. I know it must be God's prompting to pray for you, so I will. Safe journeys, my friend! I'll be thinking of you often and praying for you as you serve God's Kingdom in Africa.

    Blessings,
    Lucinda Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,
    As of right now you are about 15 hours into your 30 hours of travel to your final destination. We've been thinking about you and praying for you throughout the day. Thrilled for you that all of your luggage was exactly the right weight (and cost less than you anticipated). Excited for you as you draw closer to your new home. And sad as we miss you tremendously already! I'm thankful that our good-bye this morning was one of excitement and joy (we've cried plenty the last few weeks!). Traveling Mercies friend! We love you!
    Lins (and Pete)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear all about the trip! Be blessed, be strengthened, and be full of PEACE! God is with you, and you are His precious child!

    Love you lots,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete