Saturday, July 19, 2008

Two Days

I have two days left in America. It is becoming more real to me, yet it still seems like a dream. Leaving became very real while saying goodbye to Micah and Marla via Skype on Friday. That was the beginning of the tears, and the flood continues when I let myself think about the friends and community I'm leaving behind. Despite the headache my crying created, it doesn't take away the excitement. Moving abroad is such a bittersweet experience. I'm excited for all that God has planned for me in Kenya, how He will use me, what I will learn about Him, myself, and the people He created. There is adventure in my future, and that thrills me. But leaving crying friends makes me so sad because I know I'm the cause of their tears. There is a song that keeps popping in my head these days...
He gives and takes away.
He gives and takes away.
My heart will choose to say,
Lord blessed be your name.
And so I sing this over and over again thanking God for the awesome friendships He's given me and reminded that the sadness is worth it because it means that I have something very special in my friendships. So to all my dear people who I make cry these days, I'm so sorry. I love you so much!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kimberly--good luck!!! We are so excited for you and will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers over the next few days. Be sure to keep us all updated lots. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete