Friday, September 19, 2008

Fifth Grade

I thought it was about time I posted some pictures of who and where I enjoy most of my days in Africa. Here is a picture of my fifth graders and me with silly faces on "Crazy Hair Day" during Spirit Week.

Some of my students working on a group project in the courtyard outside our classroom.

My classroom when I first arrived... Little furniture, few bulletin boards, and lacking that homey classroom feel. Something had to be done!

The first week of school the classroom looked more like it should - loved and learned in.
Now you have an idea of what and why I'm in Africa. These kids are amazing, and I pray each day that God would make me the teacher I should be for each one. Thank you for all who have been praying for me and my students.

3 comments:

  1. "Your" kids are so incredibly blessed to have you as their teacher! May the Lord continue to bless your time there! I love and miss you!
    ~Taralah
    p.s. The classroom looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute kids!! I know that you are an outstanding teacher. So happy you got your work permit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, you are a miracle worker on classrooms!!! Looks fabulous! Thanks for the picture updates; its nice to see what your life looks like!

    ReplyDelete