Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Day at the Coast

Hiking, napping on the beach, squishing sand between my toes, and an intense round of botchy ball were some of the fun I had with friends, John and Erin, on Saturday. As part of my transition process, spending time with important people and going to important places are part of saying good-bye, so John, Erin, and I spent the day at the coast enjoying 80 degrees on a gorgeous day.

We hiked Saddle Mountain, where on this clear day we saw Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Adams, Mt. Hood, and the Pacific Ocean. It was a satisfying end to the steep slope and great workout.
After our great hike, we took a nap in the sun (lathered in sunscreen) and relaxed to the salty sea air and sound of crashing waves.
We ended the day roasting hot dogs as the sun set. The best part, however, was just spending time with good friends.
Thanks for an amazing day John and Erin. We'll do it again in Kenya in April! I'll plan the next date. :)

1 comment:

  1. I miss the beach!!! What gorgeous pictures! Thinking of you during your last days in the states~enjoy!

    ReplyDelete