Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama Day

I received this work email the morning after the US elections...

TEACHERS, PLEASE LET THE STUDENTS KNOW THAT TOMORROW 6TH NOVEMBER HAS BEEN DECLARED A NATIONAL HOLIDAY BY THE PRESIDENT OF KENYA; FOLLOWING THE US PRESIDENTIAL RESULTS.

Tomorrow has been declared Obama Day in Kenya. While my fellow US citizens IN the United States are going to work the day after the election, I get a day off in Kenya. CRAZY! But great for me. I'm going hiking with friends! :)

3 comments:

  1. I just saw this on the BBC and had to check your blog. Amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's ridiculous!!!! Well, enjoy for us here too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's incredible! What was it like when everyone there heard? I saw on tv that in some areas there were masses of people celebrating. Not sure what to think. Thanks for posting that.

    ReplyDelete