Monday, April 21, 2008

I'm nervous about...

Things I am nervous, anxious, unsure, or not looking forward to when I move to Kenya are...
1. Not being known by anyone.
2. Trying to build community with people I don't know and finding friends I really connect with.
3. Becoming like a child - not knowing how to do routine tasks in a new culture.
4. Losing my independence and freedom.
5. Making cultural blunders.

These are all things that will eventually pass and no longer be things to fret over, but when I first arrive, they will be difficulties. This is the part of transition I don't look forward to; however, I know it will stretch me and grow me spiritually. In that sense, these are things to anticipate rather than dread.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
~ James 1: 2-4


"That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
~ 2 Corinthians 12:10

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, you are a dear child of God, and I know that He is already, very proud of you. Your faith speaks louder than your "nervousness", and He is the one that gives you strength, so you're right on track. You'll do great, and be increased greatly! What a wonderful journey He's allowed us to venture into - life, and that to it's fullest! I love you lots Kim, and I'm very excited for you.

    Thanks for thinking of me on my b-day. It was nice to hear from you. I remember spending our birthdays together all of those years - great times! Now I've got a wonderful honey, who took me out to lunch AND dinner, after having my parents keep the 4 kidos. Things have sure changed, but life is GOOD.

    Take care!
    Love, Me

    ReplyDelete