Thursday, July 26, 2012

Jet Lag

Some people say they don't get jet lag.  I don't believe it.  Some people are better at getting through it than others.  My husband for example recovers in a day or two, while me...  About a week to really feel normal again.  This round of the blasted lag has been particularly brutal.  Why?  I think I've pinned it down to no motivation to get up before noon.  It's still summer.  Work is a few weeks away.  Might as well sleep in.  And it's killing me!  Drugs (Benadryl, Night Nurse, Ambien, whatever you take) help me get through the night, but I will admit to a sleepy hangover the next morning.  About day 3 (this time around) I set my alarm for 9:30 and forced myself to get out of bed at 10.  Time to get back into a routine - go running.  OMG!  My body felt like it had been through a meat grinder, sore before I even started.  But I pressed on (walking most of the way, I'll admit) and felt better that day (after a nap).  It's now day nine and I'm up at 5am.  After sitting in bed for 30 minutes feeling my stomach gargle "feed me", I decided to just get up and eat something.  Might as well check Facebook too.  Maybe getting older has an impact on jet lag?  I'm thinking so.  Either way - jet lag needs to be remedied soon.  I will have to go to work eventually.  Any good solutions for jet lag out there?  (And please don't say meletonin, your body's natural drug - kept me up on a 15 hour flight once!)  In desperate need of a drug free normal night's sleep.

1 comment:

  1. No remedies to offer, just sending hugs and prayers your way.

    Love and God Bless,

    ReplyDelete