Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Tour '09

How does one dress when traveling through four hemispheres in 24 hours? I left 80-something degrees in Nairobi and arrived to snow falling in Paris. Texas was sunny, and when I arrived in Mississippi at 6pm, I could see my breath in the air. Traveling in December is a little different than June and July, but despite the cold, I made it safe and sound. After two years of perpetual summer, my feet are adjusting to wearing socks again.

The best part of being in America this time is being here with Will and seeing family. Even though it's my first time to Mississippi, it feels like home. Everyone has been great, and I'm learning and experiencing lots of good Southern things - shopping at the Piggly Wiggly, eating chicken and dumplings, and meeting lots and lots and lots of very nice people.

On Monday we're off to Alaska. From Nairobi to Mississippi to Alaska... we're definitely experiencing some cultural changes, but it's all home. A little weird, but still home.


No comments:

Post a Comment